Transportation of remains of a Deceased Kenyan
- Requirements for transportation of a deceased body to Kenya
- Important Notice for Inquiries
You will be required to avail the following documents below to the Embassy:
- Proof that the deceased person was a Kenyan e.g. Original Passport, Birth Certificate, Kenyan ID.
- Provide Tel. Number of Next of Kin / Friends in Switzerland
- Swiss Locally issued burial and/or transit permit.
- Certified copy of the Death Certificate.
- A letter from the local health authority certifying that the deceased did not die of contagious disease
- A metal hermetically sealable casket is recommended.
- A letter from the Director of funeral home stating how the body was embalmed.
- A prepaid, self-addressed return envelope through the Swiss Postal Service with delivery confirmation.
Modes of Payment
- The Embassy does not accept cash payment for services offered.
- Do not put money in an envelope. The Embassy will not take responsibility for any money lost in envelopes. All cash payments enclosed in the application will be sent back to the applicant at their own expense.
- Attach copy of the payment slip to your documents when posting or presenting them at the Embassy (failure to do so could mean delay on the service requested).
- Payments made on behalf of someone else should clearly indicate the name of the applicant and the service requested for on the copy of the slip.
Applicants for services should pay into the Embassy Account requisite fees (indicating their name and the type of document/service required). The payment may also be made through e-banking or at the post office. Proof of payment and a cover letter/explanatory note with full contact details should be included in the application.
All payments for consular services should be made to the following Bank Account:
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya to the Swiss Confederation
UBS Switzerland AG
IBAN CH87 0023 5235 2621 1801 M
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted;
- Registration fee is non-refundable.
- Important Notice
- Details for Payment